Monday, November 12, 2007

Partial Zero Turbo Boost!

Besides sounding like Engrish from an anime about robots, it's also something I encountered today while I was at Whole Foods.

So I saw a sign on a car that said Partial Zero Emissions Car.

What is that supposed to mean? You can't be partial zero. Would you ever see something that was labeled partial zero calorie food? No! You would not. You might find low calorie or reduced calorie, but not partial zero calorie.

What kind of a marketing technique is that? Hello corporate America; we may not be the smartest consumers in the world, but we aren't that stupid. At least I'm not.

1 comment:

julm said...

hahaha I was expecting something from Gundam 00 or something at first. Well, maybe it's a car whose emissions you can turn on and off; so if one day you feel like destroying the environment you can just turn on your emissions. Maybe it'll even store all your previous emissions so you can unleash it all at once!