Saturday, October 6, 2007

Felix Culpa!

I just watched a fascinating anime movie called Appleseed. If you haven't watched it yet, I highly recommend it to anyone, even if you don't typically watch from the anime genre. Appleseed is great for its action and its plot, but even better for its profound technoethical inquiries into the right to life of man-made life forms and the purpose of man's existence upon the creation of a man-made life form that is intellectually and sociologically superior to man.


In a world where man's imperfections and sins act as a barrier to the continued progression of society, what do you think if the point of man's continued existence?

4 comments:

Alina said...

Tony blogging. Interesting.

There are a lot of non-anime movies and books that deal with that subject, but I am interested to see how well this movie discusses it.

By the way, dear, you may want to correct the name of your blog. It's "Deus" not "Dues." And felix culpa...?

Love that you've started a blog, Twang. I haven't talked to you in forever.

Alina

Robot Suit said...

I'm surprised you saw this! Do you blog? Or were you facebook stalking me?

I think blogging is an excellent way to vent sometimes. Thanks for correcting me by the way, I'll change it ASAP.

Felix culpa cuz' it's the joy of mankind's sins. I guess it'll make more sense when you watch the movie.

Anonymous said...

i have 2 anime movies. princess mononokiewrweou and ummmmmmm...one w/ a dragon boy? i dont remember. my uncle used to send them from nyc, b/c my cousins into that...so he assumed i would be to?

cheryl

Robot Suit said...

Spirited Away is the one with the "dragon boy" both of them are really good movies too- though Princess Mononoke is a tad off my cup of tea.