Thursday, October 25, 2007

Star Gazing

Looking up from my lawn at the night sky is always a little hobby of mine that never seems to grow old for me. I’ve always been fascinated by astronomy and captivated by the starry night sky. Whenever I get the chance, I’ll go to my front lawn and lie down on the grass and just stare at the infinite expanse of space and blankly gaze at the bright, faint, and twinkling lights in the sky. After taking in the initial awesomeness of the infinite expanses of the speckling night ceiling, I start to think about how grand it is that I, an individual, can see something as massive as a star from my perspective. Oftentimes, my friends will tell they feel insignificant seeing the magnificence of the sky because they feel so small compared to celestial bodies above them. I, on the other hand, look at such objects in the sky and feel the complete opposite. It should make the individual feel empowered that he is able to see so much from his perspective. He should feel significant for that alone, not insignificant. He should not feel lost in the sky, but he should feel a master that he can see so much, so far, and so clearly. Looking at the stars makes me feel reinvigorated.

No comments: